House Rules Backpackers Perth
Our Terms and Conditions ( House Rules Perth Backpackers)
Accommodation is granted subject to and upon acceptance of all terms and conditions and house rules.
All guests must comply with any notice or warning issued verbally or posted in any area of the hostel. Failure to comply may result in immediate eviction without refund. Serious breaches will be dealt with by police. These terms are to be used in conjunction with and not in place of any relevant laws relating to fair trading. Presentation of a valid passport is pre-requisite to gain accommodation. Management and staff may decide from time-to-time to accommodate other persons on the basis of lesser identification. However such accommodation is only granted in exceptional circumstances as judged on a case-by-case basis. Management reserves full discretion to veto any decision of any staff member and rescind an offer for accommodation upon any review of any aspect of guest’s stay. The House Rules are a component of the general business conditions.
Guest’s & right of entry
– management has full discretion to decide who to accommodate. Management reserves right to refuse entry. our preferred clientele is international travelers holding a current passport or non local Australia with Driver License or Proof of Age Card. We do not accept locals to Perth or surrounding suburbs. Making a booking does not constitute the right for accommodation.
– a booking for over 6 persons is considered a group booking and cannot be booked over the web. To see if you can book a group you can send an email to email@example.com
– cost of accommodation may vary. Standard rates posted on the web-site apply. However staff and management may vary prices at any time without notice or in consequence of special agreements / deals struck with any person. Bookings with large groups, sporting groups, clubs and associations, non-international travellers, non-passport holders, interstate travellers or any other individual may attract a surcharge fee. The accommodation rate may vary from the advertised standard and will be binding from the time of making a booking with staff or management at the time of booking. Backdating is not allowed.
– may be offered by staff or management for any reason deemed fit at that time of booking. Discounts are strictly confidential and can only be re-negotiated with management directly or with the same staff member who originally made the booking. Guests must not disclose their discount to any other guest. Any person who breaches confidentiality shall forfeit their discount and all breaching parties shall revert to paying the standard rate.
We do not give refunds on fully paid accommodation. Think carefully before paying for accommodation as once you have paid for it we will not refund any unused portion. Credit vouchers may be available in circumstances of extreme and demonstrable hardship. Deposits on bookings are not refundable without written instructions to cancel the booking to be acknowledged by the hostel at least 21 days prior to check-in. A cancellation fee of 50% applies for any pre-paid booking cancelled more than 21 days in advance. No refund is payable for cancellations made less than 21 days from the check-in date. Group bookings of 2 or more people will not receive a refund once a deposit has been paid regardless of how far in advance cancellation occurs. Credit vouchers may be given to any person checking out earlier than their booking indicates. Deposits paid for tour bookings are only refundable in the event a tour operator cancels that particular tour and cannot find a suitable alternative for you.
– groups of 2 or more people will be required to pay a 50% deposit 30 days before check-in and balance must be paid 14 days prior to check-in. Large groups will pay 50% deposit 60 days prior to check-in and the full amount 30 days prior to check-in. Any partly paid deposit or full payment is not refundable under any circumstances.
Drugs & Alcohol
Burning of cigarettes / candles / incense is not permitted
- Cooking is not permitted in any area other than common kitchen. Kitchen available for cooking between 6.00 am and 10.30 pm only.
Drugs – illegal drugs are banned
- Possession or usage of drugs can lead to police reporting and prosecution.
- is not permitted unless permission first sought from staff. Guests must act in a responsible and considerate manner at all times. Drunken behaviour will result in immediate eviction and police will be called.
Heating & Cooling
- electric bar heaters, radiators and fan heaters are not permitted. Wherever possible, the hostel may provide heating and cooling. Management legally reserves the right not to provide cooling and heating.
- management takes no responsibility whatsoever for any loss suffered by any guest / visitor / invitee / licensee.
Lockers are provided
- use of lockers is at your own risk as they are not completely secure from vandalism or tampering. We urge you not to leave valuables in lockers. The hostel will not be responsible for any theft from any lockers. Keep money and other valuables on your person at all times.
- in the event any invitee or licensee on the premises (any guest or their visitor(s)) cause damage to any area, fixture, fitting or furniture in the hostel the cost of repair or replacement will be met by those persons.
- Paying guests are permitted to stay in dorms. Non-paying visitors of guests are not permitted up stairs in building. Non-paying visitors must seek permission from staff / management to enter any dorm or common area. Visitors of guests may be ejected from the hostel, or alternatively may be required to pay for a night’s accommodation.
- all rooms and dorms are vacuumed daily from 9.00am. Rubbish from floors and bins are removed daily. Guests must remove their rubbish before departure and place it in rubbish bins. Failure to do so will result in loss of deposit paid at check-out.
- are absolutely not permitted for health & hygiene reasons. Do not use your own blankets sheets or linens. Only hostel-provided bedding is acceptable. If found / your linens will be removed. Guest may be ejected.
Check-out by 10 am sharp!
- To avoid loss of key and linen deposit. If you are staying an extra night you must pay before 10am. Checkouts after 11.00 am will forfeit their key deposits. Return all linen, towels, pillow slips to reception by check-out time – failure incurs loss of deposit. Check outs after midday require payment for full day.
– unless bed is available earlier, check-in generally by 12:00 pm.(midday)
Reception hours –24 hours.
- guests are required to wash – wipe and put away all dishes immediately after use. Do not leave them on drip trays. No cooking between 10.00 pm and 6.00 am. Tea and coffee only after this time. Food consumption or storage is not permitted in any dormitory.
- not all guests appreciate blatant nakedness. Guests are not permitted to walk around the hostel in any state of undress. Be mindful of other cultures.
- is unacceptable. This includes threatening or demeaning any person or any staff member. Damage to any property, graffiti, theft of any property, physical or sexual harassment, loud and rowdy noise can result in police intervention and eviction, without refund.
Other fees and charges
- Automatic loss of key deposit for failure to comply with any rule. Management can charge any amount deemed necessary to cover damages / costs of cleaning or repairing any common
area or dorm room left in a untidy or dirty state. Group bookings will incur minimum $100.00 cleaning fee. Repairs will be charged @ $60.00 call-out fee plus $25.00 per 15 minutes required to carry out repairs or cleaning. Generally group bookings’ designated group leader, is responsible for payment of damages.
Hire & Linen change
- Towels are available to buy @ $5.00. Any other hired item damaged lost or stolen due to recklessness will attract a larger charge. Linen Change is available on request.
- vouchers presented to the hostel must be forfeited upon check-in. Only original voucher documents (not copies) are acceptable. Freebies including internet are subject to a ‘reasonable use’ policy. The management has the absolute and exclusive right to determine what constitutes ‘reasonable use’ and management may over-rule staff or guest actions which are not consistent with reasonable use, or with these rules.
Payment and Cancellations
- accommodation must be paid strictly in advance. Do not ask for credit as it will be refused. This may lead to embarrassment. Accommodation can only be guaranteed for the number of days already paid in advance. During peak season and other busy times it is essential that you plan for and pay for your booking well in advance. Confirmation of a reservation is not binding unless in writing (e.g. by email). Fully paid guests and new bookings will get preference over an existing guest who has not paid in advance All hostel services are to be paid in cash, by VISA or MasterCard upon arrival.
- For groups (6 or more persons) or for smaller groups with a total of more than $500, – an advance payment of 50% has to be transferred to our bank account (bookings for New Years Eve or other big events in Sydney require an advance payment of 100%). The advance payment has to be made no later than two weeks after your booking has been confirmed. For short notice bookings the advance payment has to be made at least two weeks before arrival. Should any further costs accrue for transfers they will be charged to the depositor.
- Online bookings can be cancelled within 24 hours after the booking was made. For late cancellations we charge or retain the following fees: For cancellations more than three months before arrival: $50.00 administrative charges. For cancellations less than three months before arrival: 25% of the total costs. For cancellations less than one month before arrival: 50% of the total costs. For cancellations less seven days before arrival: 90% of the total costs plus 50% of the subsistence costs. Cancellations of Bookings for Christmas and New Year and other big events in Sydney are not possible. If such booking should be cancelled, the entire value of the booking is to be paid. Cancellations of reservations from Britannia on William Backpackers must be well-founded and confirmed in writing at least two weeks before arrival.
– The House Rules are a component of the general business conditions. By infringement of the house rules Britannia On William backpacker hostel has the right to cancel the accommodation contract without prior notice. For services not taken up due to a contract cancellation the cancellations fees apply as mentioned above.
Liability / Deposits
- Anyone who causes damage to the building or inventory is liable for the costs (especially the companion or organizer). Theft or intentional damage of property will be reported to the police. On departure of groups the rooms will be inspected by our staff. Damaged property or lost keys will be charged to your account and have to be paid in cash before departure. Britannia On William Backpackers reserves the right to ask for a deposit from guests, especially from groups up to the amount of $50,00 per Person. This deposit has to be paid in cash immediately. The Deposit will be refunded on check-out, eventual less costs repair, replacement, etc. Britannia on William Backpackers has no liability for damages if
wantonly negligent behaviour cannot be proven. Britannia On William Backpackers also has no liability for stored luggage, vehicles or bicycles on the premises.
- The inefficacy of single parts of the above terms and conditions is independent of the remaining sections.
NB: Britannia On William is a registered Trade Mark of Westdrive Pty Ltd. All rights Reserved.
- The most important is said in one sentence:
“Don’t Fa-ark about or you’ll be chucked out”
We ask our guests to behave in such a way that other guests or neighbors are not disturbed.
We would however like to highlight the following details:
- Noise at Night: Please keep low volume and avoid noise after 10 p.m. In dorms we would like you to be silent and switch of the lights also, on demand of a single guest. Also please be silent in the stairway and corridors. No running in the corridors.
- No Smoking: Please note that smoking is not allowed in rooms, corridors or stairways. No smoking is permitted in dorms or any common areas. Smokers must not block any exit / entrance nor permit their smoke to drift into the building – no flammable liquids or explosive materials permitted anywhere in this building. This includes camp stove gas refills and cigarette lighter fluid. This building is fitted with sensitive smoke detectors in all rooms, common areas and bathrooms. Reckless conduct causing alarm or fire department call shall incur a $1,000.00 fee. Intentional damage to fire equipment can lead to civil and criminal prosecution, as well as fines up to $5,500.
- Damage etc: Anyone who causes damage to the building or inventory or loses a key is liable for the costs. Payment of such reparations is to be paid immediately in cash. Theft or intentional damage of property will be reported to the police. On departure the rooms will be inspected by our staff. Damaged property or lost keys will be charged to your account and have to be paid in cash before departure. Britannia On William has no liability for damages. Britannia On William also has no liability for stored luggage, or other items on the premises.
- Lockers: Lockers are available for your use free of charge, please make sure that your locker is securely locked. We would like to point out, that we do not take responsibility for valuables stored in the lockers.
- Emergency Exits: In case of a fire please use the sign-posted emergency Exits
- Pets: No animals or pets – whatsoever are allowed anywhere within the hostel.
- Night’s rest: Please no noise after 10 p.m. Please listen to music or radio only with headphones.
- No Music or loud behavior in courtyard & common areas between 11 pm and 7 am. No running up and down stairs.
- Sleeping Bags: Sleeping bags are not permitted to be used in the premises due to health and hygiene reasons. Only hostel-provided bedding is acceptable
- Covers & Sheets: The day of your departure: please bring pillow slips and sheets to the Reception. Please leave blankets and pillows in the room.
- Guest ID: All guests must be registered with the Reception including any visitors.
- Guest Conduct: Guests and invitees of guests are expected to behave in a manner that is conducive to the Safety, comfort and convenience of other guests within the property
- Lost items: The management is not responsible for lost items. Please lock the doors when you leave.
- Food: Eating and storing food in the rooms is not allowed.
- Keys: If you lose or damage a key we will charge you $10 per key.
- Payment: If you want to extend your stay, please inform the Reception one day before. All beds or rooms have to be paid in advance.
By infringement of the house rules Britannia On William has the right to cancel your stay without prior notice. No refunds will be issued on violation of any of the rules and/or terms and conditions of Britannia on William . Management & Staff reserves the right to refuse accommodation to anyone, at any time, day or night.